Welcome to Korcare
KorCare Ltd. is a unique specialist residential care resource based in Teignmouth, Devon for people suffering from Korsakoff’s Syndrome.
Korsakoff’s Syndrome is part of the spectrum of Alcohol Related Brain Damage (ARBD) which merge and overlap and includes alcohol dementia; Wernicke’s encephalopathy; alcohol-related brain injury and alcoholic amnesic syndrome.
Our Clients are referred nationally and from a diversity of agencies or private referral and may be resident for a three month assessment period or for longer term care after the three month assessment period is completed.
Our aim is to provide a safe structured supportive environment for people with ARBD/Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome in order to give security in what otherwise would be a very confusing world.
- 24 hour care with awake night staff
- A high quality level of personal care
- A ‘dry’ house – alcohol is not allowed on the premises and we ask that an Alcohol Dependency Agreement is signed by the client and their representative
- Personal support attending medical appointments ie GP/hospital/dental/optician
- A healthy and wholesome diet to support the nutritional requirements of Wernicke-Korsakoff’s in order to boost vitamin B1 intake (thiamine)
- Support for those who wish to give up smoking
- Assistance with financial affairs and claiming benefits
- A programme of regular recreational and diversional therapies catering for a variety of interests
- Fully supported risk-assessed holidays either abroad or in the UK
New website coming soon but if you would like any further details please contact us:
Nightingale House, Landscore Close, Teignmouth, South Devon. TQ14 9LD.
Tel: (daytime) 01626 774 775 – (out of hours) 01626 773 904
Fax : 01626 770 331