A safe, structured, supportive environment for people with ARBD/Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome…
KorCare Ltd. is a unique specialist residential care resource of 25 years experience, based in Teignmouth, Devon for people suffering from Korsakoff’s Syndrome.
Korsakoff’s Syndrome is part of the spectrum of Alcohol Related Brain Damage (ARBD) which merge and overlap and includes alcohol dementia; Wernicke’s encephalopathy; alcohol-related brain injury and alcoholic amnesic syndrome.
Our aim is to provide a safe structured supportive environment for people with ARBD/Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome in order to give security in what otherwise would be a very confusing world.
Some frequently asked questions about Korcare, Alcohol Related Brain Damage (ARBD)and Korsakoff’s Syndrome…
The location of Teignmouth is seen to be of particular advantage. Well away from the busy city centres, the client is able to fashion his/her own environment without the pressures exerted by city life…..
Inspected and rated by the We are fully registered with The Care Quality Commission.
VIEW OUR CQC REPORT…
- 24 hour care with awake night staff
- A high quality level of personal care
- A ‘dry’ house – alcohol is not allowed on the premises and we ask that an Alcohol Dependency Agreement is signed by the client and their representative
- Personal support attending medical appointments ie GP/hospital/dental/optician
- A healthy and wholesome diet to support the nutritional requirements of Wernicke-Korsakoff’s in order to boost vitamin B1 intake (thiamine)
- Support for those who wish to give up smoking
- Assistance with financial affairs and claiming benefits
- A programme of regular recreational and diversional therapies catering for a variety of interests
- Fully supported risk-assessed holidays either abroad or in the UK